John Lewis

I am doing some work experience at the John Lewis head offices.

I work with the buyers most of the time which is a lot of sorting out samples and initial production, from pre-production, and production clothes, peeling off old stickers off folders so they can be re-used, filing, putting clothes away in the stockroom, clearing out drawers, making sure the John Lewis clothes are on John Lewis hangers and Collection clothes are on collection hangers etc....The things we do for experience!
At least everyone is lovely and the offices are extremely festive at the moment with decorations and chocolates everywhere!
On my way in to the offices aswell there have been samples of buckfizz, champagne, mulled wine, mince pies and I got a handful of perfume samples too! A good start to the day.

Highlight so far: Doing research for the designers on WGSN... since third year my uni hasnt renewed their subscription so I have had no access to it....this way I have the industry access and I spent hours looking at the menswear trends and stories for AW11..

Some photos of the showroom





I have just finished my second weeks work where I was busy researching moods and trends for SS11. I also was able to do a lot of printing out for my own research which was very helpful for my next project. Really lovely people in the design studio, so I had a nice time up there researching.
I also had a little meeting with Peter Ruis, the buying director of John Lewis who is also one of the 10 mentors for GFW.
Unfortunately I have no photos from the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment