Millinery

Since hearing that we were going to have a millinery workshop within my course, i was very keen to join.
It took until now, but at least it happened!
I thought a pork pie hat could look like a great accessory to accompany my collection so wanted to take part in the workshop to see what it was all about.
It was hard work on the arms, and unfortunately not that great choices of fabric, but after a lot of determination i completed the makings of my hat!

As you can see, within the rim of the "pork pie" bit, it has dimpled from the pressure of the pins i had to use sticking in. With alternative fabrics this hopefully wouldn't happen.

I still need to put the trimming round the base of the hat and the rim for the finishing touches.


Even a little bit of blood went into the makings of this hat as you can see below!









1 comment: